Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day Eight

JEFFREY MARX

12:02pm - I had a cheeseburger last night. My body was craving meaty protein. I ate some vegetables too. Also, I ventured into giving some Jack Daniels a spin. OMG. Drunk on one drink! I am such a cheap date now! I only had two cocktails and was pretty good. I guess that's one way to cut out liquor! I also tried to eat a Reese's PB cup and it was so gross. I'm not a huge sugar person anyway, but its good to know I am not really worried about candy. However, this morning is not a good day in the elimination department. Note to cleansers - do not eat a cheeseburger too soon after no matter how much your body tells you! I can't seem to squeeze out a single drop of poo! You know what sounds good for lunch? Celery and peanut butter and a gallon of water.

4:50pm - Major poop. Mostly liquid. I am crying it felt so good. Seriously. This whole cleanse has been an emotional rollercoaster. I love it. I hate it. I can't wait to be settled. When is that exactly?

BETA FIPPEL

1:43am - It's actually 2:43am, but I guess we just "fell back" for daylight savings. Tonight was rough. I was around delicious snacky party food (cupcakes, cheese and crackers, chips, etc. etc.) and lots of booze from about 7pm to midnight for Craitzy's birthday party. Not to mention all of the drunk people who probably would have been much more fun to be around had I been drinking. Then, around midnight, we went to a Harvard Law School Gay Ball (very reminiscent of Vassar parties) where there was an open bar. Everybody (except me) proceeded to get even drunker. It was a weird feeling. My sobriety was exaggerated by not only the drunkenness of the people around me, but also all of the thoughts/clarity that the Cleanse has started sending through my brain. I'm heading back to New York at noon and if I can't get up early enough, I may skip the salt water in the morning. Nothing would make me quit the Cleanse quicker than pooping my pants on the Chinatown bus. I'm feeling very hungry right now. I'm going to bed.

11:46am - I was supposed to be on the noon Chinatown bus, but I woke up late, so now I'm aiming for the 1pm bus. I did, indeed, skip the salt water this morning for my butt's sake. And now I'm off to the train station. I had a lot more stuff to "eliminate" this morning than usual, I think because I used a juicer to juice the lemons yesterday, so there was a lot of pulp in my lemonade. I'm boring this morning.

11:42pm - Today was rough. The Cleanse is not a good traveling companion. I'm feeling feverish and kind of out of it right now. I'm wondering if the way I feel has anything to do with skipping the salt water flush, but there are plenty of other factors (being out late last night, traveling all day, not eating) that could be playing a roll. I think the last two days of the cleanse will be a piece of cake. Brian and I were able to do a fun, high energy, coherent improv show tonight, so I'm pretty proud of us!

BRIAN KENNEDY

9:28am - Jeffrey has an out-of-town friend sleeping in our guest room... which is right next to the bathroom. I fear that the sounds of my morning elimination may have roused him from his slumbers. Imagine that being the first thing you hear upon waking.

11:15am - You know what this cleanse has taught me? That your butt is a poop graveyard. Seriously, the stuff that just came out of my ass smelled as if it had been dead and rotting in there for years.

3:43pm - According to the book, a lot of people feel great and find spiritual enlightenment starting day 8. And while I haven't found god, or buddha, or Tom Cruise yet, I do feel pretty fucking amazing today. It didn't hurt that I pampered myself by going on an American Apparel shopping spree and I got my hair did. (Yes, I know the other day I was bitching about not having any money... but I was talking about actual money in the bank. My imaginary, credit card money is practically endless!)

Now that I'm feeling good and this cleanse is coming to an end, I'm starting to set new goals for myself:

A.) Run the NYC Marathon next year. I've actually been thinking about this for awhile, but I became really inspired as I watched the thousands of people run down our block this morning (I was on the lookout for my friend Hallie... and checking out all the cute boys.) I ran in high school, and after college when I quit smoking, and last summer when I was looking for new ways to torture my body. I think if I trained properly, I could do all 26 miles.

B.) Get writing! I know this is always a goal of mine, but it's time to buckle down and get serious. I don't want to be pushing pills for the rest of my life. I've decided to make it my winter project. Come springtime, I better have something accomplished, be it play, screenplay, tv pilot, sketch show, puppet show or pile of shit. Doesn't matter, as long as it's something.

12:10am - I didn't heed Beta's advice and I almost crapped my pants just now. I felt what I thought was just a little fart, and since I never have eliminations at night, I pushed. As we say back home, Uff da! It was a close one. Thankfully, I was already in the bathroom getting ready to take my contacts out, so I didn't have to go far. I just dropped my drawers (which were still dry, thank you very much) and sat on the throne. Lesson learned!

3 comments:

Kevin Delayne said...

You are absolutely right about food being linked to your mood. Most processed food contains sugary agents such as high fructose corn syrup. Have you even read the 'ingredients' on the side of anything these days? (cereals, barbecue sauces, crackers, canned foods list goes on) Well it is proven to be EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE. In my opinion, it should be a banned substance. Big multinational companies use it in abundance in the food supply for a few reasons:
1. it is extremely cheap
2. it is addictive (causing you to want more and buy more)
3. is causes cancer over a lifetime of consumption (so you can goto their friends businesses who are doctors)
4. It makes you fat and lazy (so you don't get all political and ask questions all the time)

Like that? Have you heard that before? Email me kevin.delayne@gmail.com for more info. You can click on my name to get to my website also!
-Kevin

zbsports said...

Great post...looking forward for more running post in this blog...:D

Mamacita Lucy said...

I'm proud to say now that I am finally at a place where I have found something that works for me. Almost four years ago I began seeing a classical Homeopath. I was put on a constitutional remedy by Dr Itua herbal center who reside in west africa, and I am amazed at my healing thus far. I will continue to post what worked for me and what didn't in more blogs to come (as this one is getting quite long... and I'm not writing a book here - not yet anyway). This discovery has not only helped the way I practice, but it has also given me further insight into the world of Herbal medicine. I came to know more about Dr Itua on Tv Station when I was taking my regular organic coffee at javamania coffee spot I watched the whole scene on how he uses Natural herbs to cure disease like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, Cancers,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als And Diabetes, I was moved by his words then I took a confident step to contact him regarding my health condition Herpes & Prostate Cancer, He prepared his herbal medicine then sent it to me through Courier which I took as it's was instructed and I found myself healing symptoms are all gone I have being watching my health for years now and I finally confirmed that is a permanent cure like he told me at our first conversations so now I'm healthy and happy I purchase his herbal tea which I usually take in the morning before starting my day because it feels good to find addiction on natural herbs than medical drugs so is what I'm doing and loving it more and More to come later on blogs sooner I will be writing my book.
I will advise you to contact Doctor Itua Herbal Center for any kind of permanent cure and herbal remedy.
Doctor Itua Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Also On Whats-App Calls: +2348149277967.