Friday, November 9, 2007

Breaking the Fast, Day Three.

BETA FIPPEL

11:47am - Yesterday, after my broth and OJ, I stuck to OJ until Butthill bought me some delicious vegetable soup after improv practice. This morning/afternoon I'm eating overpriced fruit and the only thing that could make it taste better is if it was stolen. Tonight I'll be heading over to my sister's place for some more adventurous food (lentils or tofu maybe???), so we'll see how that goes.

BRIAN KENNEDY

9:12am - I woke up this morning feeling just fine. So far, there have been no unwanted side effects from last night's salad/beer binge. I am also happy to report that today I will not be wasting any of my precious time squeezing lemons, limes or oranges. However, I will still be late to work. It's comforting to know that some things never change. Oh, and I just realized that it's been almost 48 hours since my last BM. Normally this would be a cause for concern. But today, it's a cause for celebration. Woo-Hoo!

2:51pm - Went back to chewing gum today. Orbit's Wintermint. It tastes like Christmas in my mouth.

1:36am - Tonight was the night that I had been waiting 2 Cleanse-obsessed weeks for. Through my work I was invited to go to a fancy-pants benefit dinner. It was like a wedding reception, except instead of relatives, the room was filled with rich doctors and their sequined-jacket-wearing wives, neither of whom I was forced to talk to. No, I was just there for the free food and free alcohol, both of which I consumed copious amounts of.

Round One: Appetizers. Penne alla vodka. Fried calamari. Grilled eggplant, zucchini and squash. Rosted Red peppers. Rice and beans. 2 glasses of red wine.

Round Two: Main Course. Smoked salmon. Green beans with butter, cranberries and walnuts. Two gin & tonics.

Round Three: Dessert. One strawberry dipped in chocolate. One bite-sized shortbread cookie. One cup of coffee.

Actually, considering the way I usually eat when free food is laid before me, I showed quite a bit of restraint tonight. I played it safe and stayed away from all meat and heavier bread-like products. I ate small, reasonable portions. I stopped eating my main course when I felt full. And I really held back on desserts. I didn't even stick around for the cake to be served! I guess for me the Cleanse was sort of like getting gastric bypass surgery. Instead of eating like this, I now eat like this. Let's just hope that everything comes out in a normal, civilized fashion tomorrow.

2 comments:

toilet plumbing said...

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day since you need food for the energy it gives which you will use throughout the day. Never ever try to skip a breakfast!

plumbing said...

Having a frequent meal also a one good diet to get use to. Its better to have 5-6 meals a day with a lesser servings than a 3 full serving meals.